Ingredients for the Heart Shaped Pancakes
- 3 large eggs
- 115g/ 4oz all purpose flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
- 140 ml/ 5fl oz milk
- A pinch of salt
- 10 Large Strawberries, diced into small pieces for toppings.
Method for the Heart Shaped Pancakes
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until the the yolks are broken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and stir quickly until they are incorporated.
- Do not over mix- the batter should be lumpy.
- Grease the pancake ring with cooking spray or with butter.
- In a completely flat frying pan or griddle, place the heart ring in the middle of the pan.
- Add the batter until that pancake ring is about 3/4 full. (The batter does have baking powder, so it will rise a bit during the cooking process). If you find that the batter is seeping out underneath the pancake ring, your pan is not completely flat. Use a different pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the top is no longer liquidy, then remove the formed pancake from the ring.
- Flip the pancake over and continue cooking for another 1 minute.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and sprinkle strawberries over the top. This is a rich, delicious and luxurious pancake to be shared with those you love.
- Choose a thicker pancake batter. (Prevents seepage from under the ring)
- Choose a batter that has more eggs (Cooks and forms pancakes quicker)
- Use a non-stick skillet (Makes the release easier)
- Grease your pancake mold carefully before you begin. (Makes the release easier).
Note: The pancake ring gets hot. Use oven mitts or similar insulation to protect your hands before attempting to work with the mold. Let the mold cool in between batches.